Wild Blueberry and Fig Scones
Instead of the go-to high sugar/fat, empty calorie muffin, this high fiber satisfying scone (thanks to Benefiber!) can be kept in the freezer and microwaved for an on-the-go delicious and nutrient dense breakfast or snack. It’s a great option to throw in your gym bag to eat for a post workout breakfast instead of stopping by the deli and picking up a muffin.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 - 20 minutes
- 4-8 teaspoons Benefiber Prebiotic Fiber Supplement
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup milk of choice (we prefer almond milk)
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup wild blueberries, frozen
- Defrost and strain blueberries and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and milk. Stir, and allow to sit for 15 minutes to create your ‘buttermilk’.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, spelt flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and Benefiber. Add ‘buttermilk’, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Mix well until dry ingredients are completely incorporated to make a dough.
- Using a spatula, fold in the blueberries and figs until just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Using generous ¼-cup measures, drop batter about 1” apart onto prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush surface of scones with the ‘buttermilk’. Bake 14 to 18 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden brown and firm to touch.
Ready to Try Benefiber?
Add fiber to your diet and save with a coupon.