Frittata With Sweet Peppers and Onions
Easy enough for a breezy weekend brunch with friends.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 red sweet pepper seeds removed and sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup thinly sliced chard (can substitute spinach, kale, etc.)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber Original
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a 9” oven proof skillet over medium heat. Once pan is hot, spray with cooking oil spray. Add pepper and onion and cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan, wipe pan clean and spray with cooking oil spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, Benefiber, yogurt, parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Place chard in the skillet and top with the egg mixture. Bake until eggs are set in the center, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information (Per 1 Serving):
Contains 2 teaspoons of Benefiber (2 teaspoons = 3 grams of fiber)*
- Calories: 106
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 3g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- Sodium: 151mg