Scrambled Eggs With Spinach on Whole Wheat English Muffin
With 9 grams of dietary fiber, this breakfast will help get you through that 11am meeting.
- Makes: 1 serving
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon sliced spring onion
- 1 Whole Wheat English Muffin sliced in half
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white scrambled with a fork
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber®
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat medium-size heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. Spray pan with cooking oil spray and add spring onion, cook for 2 minutes.
- While spring onion is cooking, toast English Muffin in a toaster or oven.
- Whisk together egg, egg white and Benefiber®. Add egg mixture to the spring onions and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Add spinach and fold in to egg mixture until wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble by making a sandwich in the English Muffin with egg mixture.
Nutritional Information (Per 1 Serving)
Contains 2 teaspoons of Benefiber® (2 teaspoons = 3 grams of fiber)*
- Calories: 249
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Sugars: 1g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
- Calcium: 126mg
- Sodium: 466mg