Cannellini Bean and Vegetable Soup
Simple, fast and filling! This soup is another great way to get extra fiber by adding clear, taste-free Benefiber right into the broth. It’s good for your gut health and is loaded with antioxidants.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber Prebiotic Fiber Supplement
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups water
- Parmesan cheese rind
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 14 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring frequently until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, peas, broth, and water. Add parmesan cheese rind. Cook, partially covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until carrots are softened. Then, add spinach.
- Reduce heat to low. Add beans and gently simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Add in Benefiber and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste before serving.
- Remove parmesan rind. Sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese.