Baked Pasta With White Beans and Tomatoes
A hearty meal that’s quick enough for weeknights.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup whole grain penne pasta (about 2.66oz)
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 sweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 ⅓ cups no-salt-added cooked white beans
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber Original
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped spinach, chard or kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil spray and add onion and garlic to skillet, stirring regularly for 3 minutes. Add red peppers and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine white beans, Benefiber, salt, tomatoes, greens, oregano, cinnamon, red pepper mixture, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the cooked pasta.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information (Per 1 Serving)
Contains 2 teaspoons of Benefiber (2 teaspoons = 3 grams of fiber)*
- Calories: 271
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Dietary Fiber: 16g
- Sugars: 7g
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Calcium: 143mg
- Sodium: 314mg